June 01, 2006

Ice Cube disses Oprah



From HipHopSite.com:
Oprah is Hip Hop enemy #1! First Ludacris, then 50 Cent, and now Ice Cube is jumping in to send some verbal jabs towards the talk show queen. In his recent FHM interview, Ice Cube weighed in on the Oprah vs Hip Hop battle.

"I've been involved in three projects pitched to her, but I've never been asked to participate. For 'Barbershop,' she had Cedric the Entertainer and Eve on, but I wasn't invited. Maybe she's got a problem with hip-hop? She's had damn rapists, child molesters and lying authors on her show. And if I'm not a rags-to-riches story for her, who is?"

You damn right Ice Cube! Take that Oprah! But will she respond??? - Andreas Hale

Eve is still a rapper last time I checked. But Oprah does generally ignore Hip Hopers. What else do you expect when her audience wouldn't know the difference between Ja Rule and Jeru the Damaja?


3 Comments:

At 6/07/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

I've only watched parts of Oprah twice, and both were because I was at my parents' house and my mom had it on. Even though I'm not a fan, I don't think it's personal in that I doubt she has any hard rock or country artists either... she seems to just go for authors and big movie/ TV stars or self help people... I think anyway. Like, I bet she'd have Beyonce on, but not M. Manson. Her audience seems to be middle aged housewives, not younger or a hipper audience. Don't know her, though.

 
At 6/12/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger chico-towner said...

I agree her audience is totally oposite of who actually buys Hip Hop records, but then again these mother's watching Oprah could find out a little about their children's favorite artists. Oprah is free to run her show as she pleases, its her ratings and her profits.

 
At 6/19/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

She also made a comment recently about refusing to ever have either Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt on as guests, since she's in Jennifer Aniston's ring. I used to think the woman was unbiased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home