July 11, 2005

4th25 gives fake soldiers a reality check


Like we mentioned before, 4th25 (pronounced"4th Quarter") is a group of emcees and producers deployed in Iraq who recorded an album in Baghdad based on their experiences in the war. Now that the album is on iTunes we had a chance to check it out and it lives up to the hype. (By the way the album is sold out on CD Baby, iTunes is the only spot to get it 24/7!)

One of the best tracks on that album is called "Reality Check", where they spit straight venom at all the emcees and gangstas who claim to be "soldiers" in their rap songs. Specifically the Destiny's Child song "Soldier" featuring Lil' Wayne & T.I. struck a nerve with 4th25. Just check out these lyrics:

"Walk a mile in my boots you couldn't make it
So you all soldiers at home,
but out here you can't fake it
That's why ya'll aint here, aint it?
Its just easier to act hard on credit than it is to make a payment
...
Look, I'm hearing things right now that I don't like at all
Cuz according to Destiny's Child aint none of us here Soldiers at all
And the whole country right now, they just in love with that song
But I aint hear them say nothing but keep using the word SOLDIER wrong!

And I've been through too much out here for you to use the term lightly
And these muthafuckers they are describing, they are nothing like me!

I'm glad their marketing strategy worked WHILE WE OUT HERE DYING..."

After listening to the song "Reality Check" a few times you can't watch the Soldier Video by Destiny's Child again without laughing or being disgusted. Especially since what the girl's describe as a soldier is nothing like the reality our troops are facing in Iraq.

Whatever, let the truth be told, check out "Live from Iraq" by 4th25 and buy the CD. It'll do more for the troops than any crappy ass, Chinese-made, car magnet would ever do!


7 Comments:

At 7/11/2005 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be hating on my girls. Thers two meanings to the word. Dont take it personal.

 
At 8/17/2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a soldier that was in iraq at the same time these guys were. I too am an MC working on my own projects.. and i say get em big neal. let em know what its like to be us

 
At 9/05/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger chico-towner said...

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
--- Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

The Liberal media supports the troops, the beef is with the administation's lies and mishandling of the war that put the troops in danger in the first place. Martin Luther King Jr. fought for this country and our freedoms without having to kill a single human being in the battle field. We're all in this together and we all fight for our country in different ways, weather it be in combat or in the streets.

4th25's album is a historical "documentary " providing proof of the hardships our troops faced in the Iraq war, that's why it's important that people hear this album.

There is overwealming evidence that the Pentagon and White house folks abused thier power and put our troops at unnecessary risk. Check out OpTruth.org (Operation Truth) an organization founded by real Iraq war Vets to expose the truth behind the war and the real need to support our troops in combat. Peace!

 
At 8/14/2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a proud Army wife dealing with a year long deployment of my husband. He is in Iraq right now. I bought this album about a month ago and am glad I did. These guys are great and they tell it like it is. Cant wait for the next album to drop and will be the first in line to pick it up. Soldiers are heros and for these other rappers to use the term is a disgrace no matter how they spell it, I know they would not go out there and put their lives on the line for this country.

 
At 8/18/2006 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wills ay this, I am a combat vet. purple heart awardee, and all I have to say this album is real, these SOLDIERS are real, our job is real, our deaths ARE REAL. I have much respect for these SOLDIERS! these people getting millions claiming to be a soldier should have a one way ticket to iraq. have them feel the 135 degree heat, have them get shot at, let them drive a hummer with sandbags in it to protect you from IED's. as for the liberall fuck hippie whom commented above. I think 4th25 said it best. STAY THE FUCK OUT OF OUR JOB!!!! this war provided my daughter with toys, food, and everything else she has. This war made me who I am, this war gave me everything I have. IF YOU WANT TO PROTEST SOMETHING PROTEST MY FUCKING PAY because as someone wrote above. WE ARE POOR, WE HAVE BILLS THAT WE CANT PAY, WE DO IT BECAUSE WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY! Toby Keith Says it best in his song "American Soldier". Last I will end with this. No soldier HAS to go to war, they could object, it would get them out of it. lets put it this way, I vol. for the army, I vol. for Iraq, I vol. for afghanistan, then I reenlisted. a couple times. SO STOP PROTESTING BECAUSE WE ARE DIEING, WE KNOW THE COST OF OUR JOB, BUT WE WANT TO STAY AT WAR, IT GIVES US MONEY, SO ONCE AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO PROTEST SOMETHING (as most hippies do ALL THE TIME) PROTEST MY BASE PAY RATES, with out the war I make 23,000 a yr, WITH THE WAR I MADE OVER 43,000 DOUBLE !!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9/15/2006 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off to equate a person who lived as a street thug who made it rich either through rapping or drug dealing to person who chose to enlist, endure military life and the threatening circumstances of the life of a soldier in Iraq is ludicrous. Calling them both soldiers is a dishonor to all real soldiers who have made it possible for all who live in this country to enjoy the freedoms and prosperity it has to offer. Again I want to emphasize IT IS THE AMERICAN SOLDIER WHO HAS MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE! Otherwise we would all be talking German or Japanese. This country owes it's very existence to the soldier and they choose to reward him as a lower middleclass citizen, while they reward an actor, or a singer, or an athlete with millions, people who have done nothing for the country other then entertain it! And those entertainers chose not even to do any entertaining to the troops. No they just stayed at home enjoyed thier fame and fortune while soldiers died so that they could have that enjoyment. It's a shame, and all who have lived thier own selfish lives and have not served, you owe your freedom, your job, and your livelyhood to the soldier.

 
At 2/14/2007 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a soldier in the 75th ranger regiment 3rd battalion bravo company. Let me just ask you, Did they sign up to serve our country? Have they been down the streets of iraq? It's ok i'll wait. That's right no is the to answer to both those questions. Until been there like me and my boys. Don't say that word out your mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home