April 20, 2006

Funny Idea: Impeach Money!



Some dude received this bill and he's got it in his wallet. He also predicted:
I have a feeling that a lot of similarly marked bills will be passing through my hands in the future.

Even though he assumes it's illegal to deface currency, here's the actual law:
Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
I'm not a lawyer but as long as the money is still usable then it should be okay. But don't quote me on that and don't say "ChicoTown.com said so" when the police gets your ass... (Click here to read more on the law concerning defacing money)

Otherwise, "modifying" your bills to bring about social awareness in a manner that does not deem the bill unfit for circulation should not be a problem.

*** nudge... nudge... wink... wink...***

I say no more, I don't speak English. You did not read this blog post and you are not looking for a pen or marker to get started immediately on this guerrilla marketing-style assault on the right-wing. And you will not put such bills into circulation.

;-)


2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

I'm not a lawyer either, but you're on to something here. I have a feeling more of these will be in circulation, too.

 
At 4/24/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger chico-towner said...

I personally made sure of that already....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home